Back to School season is here! Whether you’re a brand new UIUC student or returning for another semester of classes, moving into your new student housing can be a tiring, challenging task. We listed a few UIUC housing tips that will make sure your move-in day to your UIUC Student Housing apartment will go as smoothly as possible!
Planning ahead for your move into your new CPM apartment can save you from common back-to-school headaches and move-in frustrations. There are a few important tasks that need to be handled before your official move-in day to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. Some of these tasks need to be handled up to 4-6 weeks before your move-in day, so plan ahead!
- Set up your utilities early! You will need to call all utilities (phone, water, electric/gas, internet, and cable) to ensure set-up is complete before you move in. CPM is not responsible for utility set-up, and the sooner you set up your utilities, the better.
- Connect your Water the Same Day It Is Disconnected. Otherwise, you’ll need to be present to connect your water.
- Pre-pay your lease payments and deposits. This ensures you will be able to pick up your keys and move in on the same day! Refer to the Move-In quick tips for full info.
- Get Your Parking Pass. We can send you your parking pass via email if you contact us before move in day!
- Read the Quick Tips in detail! We’ve included everything you’ll need to know about moving into your student apartment on our Incoming Resident Quick Tips. We recommend reading this in detail so you will know exactly what will you need to make sure your back-to-school experience goes as smoothly as possible.
Know the Pet Policy
Some CPM buildings allow pets and others do not. The amenities filter on the Available Apartments page can tell you which apartments allow fur babies and which do not. Caged animals are allowed in all buildings!
Learn more about Living at CPM.
Complete a Move In Report
When you move in, you will fill out a Move In Report. This will guide CPM in any repairs or maintenance work that will need to be done during the Back-to-School move in time. We take all emergency issues directly off of your move-in report, so please make sure to submit it within 72 hours of picking up your keys.
Know the Maintenance Contact Info
For Emergencies, we have an answering service that can page maintenance personnel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact maintenance for after-hour emergencies, call 866.750.5066
Maintenance Request During Normal Hours
You may call our main office number 217.328.3030 to submit a maintenance request during regular office hours.
Know the Locksmith Contact Info
All CPM lessees must agree to call Locksmith Services Company at 217.359.5168 (24 hours) if locked out of their apartment. The lessee is responsible for lockout charges and for presenting necessary ID.